If you have planned to buy yourself a new Mastercard Gift Card this season, don’t wait further. If you have already chosen a Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card for your loved ones, go for it. In this write-up dedicated to Mastercard users, we bring you some handy tips related on How to Activate Mastercard Gift Card, Complete Activation and Register methods and different gift cards types they can pick for their friends and families.
Activate Mastercard Gift Card
While the traditional gift cards are just limited for use at a specific retailer, the Mastercard/Maestro Gift Cards give you full advantage of shopping and purchases anywhere. By this we mean, you have an opportunity to use them over the internet and at the store (which are in millions and are located worldwide).
Most of the Activate Mastercard Gift Card are available readily and can be loaded with money only once. This gives non-account holders a chance to shop and purchase using their Maestro and Walmart Mastercard without any prior authorisation during a purchase they make.
Activate Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card
- Once loaded with money and activated, these prepaid cards can be used immediately.
- Money can be loaded at the time of purchase, either by using a debit/ credit card or through bank transfer.
- Cardholder is free to choose where the money is spent, whether internet or retail store.
- These prepaid gift cards are more secure and easier than handling cash for or paper gift vouchers.
- Users can access their purchase records, American Express balance details, account information, and transaction history on the internet from anywhere.
- Mastercard is the only payment brand providing its U.S. cardholders with services– at no additional cost – to help you detect and resolve identity theft problems.
- The greatly acknowledged benefit of this gift card is you can use it anywhere out of millions of locations across the globe.
- How good would that be to have your money back even if your card was lost or stolen (All you have to do is to register it first and foremost).
- Forget about paying your bills even, because once you activate your gift card, you can easily pay your bills managing your money at your hands and at your will.
Before you purchase your favorite Prepaid Activate Mastercard Gift Card you should be familiar with how it works.
- Users have to purchase a card online or from a participating retail store.
- There are two ways to get your prepaid Gift Card activated which are either online or via a calling the number mentioned at the packaging of the card. (Further detailed in the following segments).
How to Activate Mastercard Gift Card
Once you purchase a Prepaid Gift Card, you need to get it activated using either of the following two methods.
Method 1: Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card Activation Online.
- Register Mastercard Gift Card Online and follow these steps.
- Enter your 16-Digit card Number.
- Then type your Mobile Number for activation.
- Enter the PIN Code received via mobile number provided.
- Type the secure code mentioned in the Captcha.
- Hit the send button.
Method 2: Activate Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card via SMS
- Register Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card via SMS.
- Type your 16-Digit Card Number
- Leave free space and choose a free random 4-Digit Number.
- Send this SMS to +359886170011 (International)
- For Italy: +393387982231
- For Bulgaria BGR: 170011
- USA: +13478686326
Note: If your card is built with an embedded chip, kindly, send only your 16-digit card number. You shall receive an SMS for confirmation of upon successful card activation. Be advised to note carefully the four-digit number code (PIN) selected by you, which must not be disclosed to third parties. This PIN code is required while you pay with your Gift Card.
Have you forgotten your Mastercard Gift Card PIN Code?
- To change the PIN Code, you have to enter the same mobile number as you used during the activation process.
- If the card number and the mobile number are not matched, the PPIN Code cannot be changed.
- Type the 16-Digit card number.
- Type the same number used at the time of activation.
- Change the new PIN Code.
Mastercard Gift Card Registration
- To confirm your card Balance then follow these steps.
- Enter the last 6-Digits of your Gift card Number.
- Please type your mobile number used for activation.
- Enter the Security Code specified in the Captchas image.
- Press the Check Balance button.
Types of Prepaid Mastercard Gift cards
- Akimbo – Suitable for modern households to which you can add sub cards, and bank accounts.
- com – enables you to create a custom Mastercard Gift Card along with a photo and a quote of your choosing.
- Bancorp / Univision – Safer and easier way to handle your money to pay for bills and purchases.
- Brink’s®: Brink’s charges no late fees or interest and has a mobile app to manage customer accounts which they can access anytime and anywhere.
- com: Enjoy the free app for all the banking needs with no credit check, no overdraft fees, and no minimum balance.
- Cascade: You can have it for low fees, the card is equipped with EMV chip that enhances security and comes with additional rewards programs.
- Control™: Get paid faster than with a paper check with no late fees, or interest charges.
- Green Dot® Reloadable: You can track your money 24/7 with Green Dot App with this first ever card that is reloadable.
- H&R Block Emerald: Used for tax refunds and is also reloadable.
- Meta / Univision: Cheaper, Easier, and safer way to manage your money by loading funds and paying for everyday purchases.
- Moven™: No maintenance fees with 24X7 support and an App that is ever smarter.
- Netspend®: Earn payback rewards, cash on qualified purchases, and manage your account singlehandedly through the mobile app.
- PayPal: Transfer real-time money from your PayPal account.
- Walmart MoneyCard®: win up to $75 in cash back rewards every Reward Year without having a bank account.
- Western Union®: Shop Online or pay bills using, and transfer money using Western Union Direct deposit.
FAQs: Master Card Prepaid Gift Card Activation and Register Online
Q: Having problems accessing mastercard.com?
A: Users can use any of the following browsers to access mastercard.com
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
Q: Where can I order a Mastercard Gift card?
A: Mastercard Prepaid Gift Cards are available at the bank branches and retail locations including online and can also be ordered via phone. These Vanilla cards are available in different styles, colours, and designs, further customized with cardholder’s name and personal message.
Q: I just received my Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card. Is it necessary to activate or register my card before using it?
A: Yes, you need to look for necessary instructions at the back of the card’s packaging. Call the Customer Service mentioned at the back of the card for more details. However, for online purchase or phone purchase, you need to register with the card issuer.
Q: How to use and Activate Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card?
A: Hand it to the cashier when you make the purchase and swipe your card if asked. The amount of purchase will be deducted from the card balance.
Q: Where do use my Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card?
A: Anywhere and any place that accepts Debit Mastercard including online media, orders via phone, etc. round the clock and around the globe.
Q: How long can I use my Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card?
A: As long as your prepaid gift card has money on it or the card is valid.
Q: What happens if I need to return an item purchased using my Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card?
A: When making a return, you may be asked to show the card that was used to make the purchase. The value of the returned merchandise will be credited back to your card.
Q: What do I do if my card is lost or stolen?
A: You need to contact the issuer of the card immediately to report a lost or stolen card. Note the customer service number given at the back of the card.
Q: How do I get my Mastercard prepaid card balance?
A: By following the instructions sent to you along with your card. You can get further information by either visiting the issuer’s website or calling the number specified at the back of the card.
Q: Your question is not listed here?
A: If your question is not listed here, You can always contact the Mastercard Assistance Center either toll-free at 1-800-627-8372 or collect at 1-636-722-7111, Click here to submit your question How to Activate Mastercard Gift Card.
Note: For Mastercard Benefit inquiries in the U.S.A, Please Call Mastercard (1.800.627.8372).
For inquiries outside the U.S.A, please reach out to Mastercard Global Emergency Services.