Transfer Speed is what on-demand these days. This is what you expect from a Hard Disk Drive you put your money into. Western Digital one of the leading companies in manufacturing Portable hard drives. But, customers still have a hard time to choose between their varying HDD types and versions. Here is what we found out about WD Elements Vs My Passport for 1tb, 2tb, 4tb.
WD Elements Vs My Passport
There is no chance to resize the data, because, each day, it keeps mounting and so does you memory requirements. This is the reason why you need a fast, efficient, and compatible storage media to handle this mountainous data.
There are two new HDD designed by Western Elements on our watch. ED Elements and WD My Passport. Here are some things you should care to look at while making a comparison between these two. Also, it is your money, so the apparent reason would be to invest it in a suitable product. Grab Now Best Hackintosh Laptop in Reasonable Price Check Here.
Western Digital Elements vs My Passport
Both the WD Elements and My Passport have their variants, features, and built-in updates to serve your storage needs. It is up to you which one suits you the most. Some stats are presented below to help you figure out. There are certain different features you’d need from your external hard drive. This entirely depends on your kind of work, whether you are a home user, Tech-professional, or a photographer.
These are some essential to know differences that save your money and precious time when you browse for a perfect solution for your data backup. Western Digital is the Brand that nobody needs an introduction to, you might need to be known to their most extensive range of Hard Disk Drives. Following are some differences picked up for you to let you decide which one is the best shot for you, WD Elements or My Passport. Vonage Business Login Get Now
WD Elements vs My Passport Dat Storage Capacity
- WD Elements has different variants in terms of Capacity, and you can get it in 750 GB, 1 TB, 1.5 TB, 2 TB, 3 TB, and 4 TB variants. The exterior has been kept simple and plain, the only colors WD Elements is available in, are Black and Gray-Black.
- My Passport, on the other hand, has more attractive looks, available in four different colors, and comes with 1 TB, 2 TB, 3 TB, and 4 TB storage capacity.
- My Passport comes in a broad range of colors Black, Orange, Blue, White, Red, Yellow, White-gold, and black-gray.
WD Elements Vs My Passport Dimensions
- WD Elements 1 TB Model has 111x82x15mm (4.35×3.23×0.59 in) with 2 TB and 3 TB models differing slightly with 111x82x21mm (4.35×3.23×0.28 in).
- 1 TB Model of WD Elements weighs 130g with 2 TB and 3 TB models weighing at 230g.
- 1TB model of WD My Passport comes with 110×81.5×21.5 mm (4.33×3.21×0.64 in) while you can get the higher capacity models in 110×81.5×21.5 mm (4.33×3.21×0.85 in).
- WD My Passport 1 TB HDD weighs 170 g while the higher build versions of My Passport weigh 250g.
WD Elements & My Passport Speed
- WD Elements has one outruns My Passport in terms of compatibility with OS because it is feasible with Apple Mac OS X besides Microsoft XP/Vistas/7/8/10.
- However, besides being compatible with just Windows OS, My Passport has one advantage over WD Elements, namely the Hardware Encryption through 256-bit AES.
- My Passport also enables you to encrypt your data through Password Protection feature and takes automatic backup which is missing in WD Elements.
- Both the HDDs have a USB 3.0 interface with a data transfer rate up to 5.0 Gbps.
WD Elements Vs My Passport Software/Firmware Support
- My Elements does not have much to offer since it has a 30-day trial WD Smartware PRO included.
- Its counterpart comes with WD Security, WD Drive Utilities, WD Backup utility built-in for wd elements portable external hard drive.
WD Elements and My Passport Difference Warranty
While purchasing, warranty is one of the concerning things you should dig more into.
- WD Elements comes with a 1-year limited as well as contracted warranty.
- Another reason you are more likely to buy WD My Passport is because the HDD comes with a 2 to 3 years limited warranty.
WD Elements Vs My Passport Pricing
Pricing WD Elements is arranged as per its size variants:
- 750 GB- £ 44.99 / $ 56.24
- 1 TB- £ 49.99 / $ 62.49
- 5 TB- £ 61.99 / $ 77.49
- 2 TB-£ 59.99 / $ 74.99
- 3 TB-£ 79.99/ $ 100
- 4 TB-£ 104.99 / $ 131.25
Pricing range for WD My Passport is listed here:
- 1 TB starts at £ 54.99 / $ 68.74
- 2 TB is available at £ 77.99 / $ 97.5
- 3 TB is available at regular Price £ 94.99 / 118.75
- 4 TB pricing starts at regular price £ 119.99 / $ 150.
Note: Further prices may change depending on the color variant.
WD Elements vs My Passport key Differences:
- Where WD My Passport just offers you four storage capacity variants, it also comes with a USB 2.0 interface.
- WD Elements has 6 different storage sizes but misses out on data backup and encryption features.
- With NTFS format support, the element is an excellent choice for Multi-OS environment user.
- Also, WD elements fit your wallet based on the size of the data you have to store.
- But if you are more concerned with your data security and encryption methods to use, My Passport is a good-one for a take. It offers you plenty of space, a plethora of colorful and attractive designs, and 256-bit AES hardware encryption.
elements vs my passport Conclusion:
It is yet a tricky question to answer though which one outperforms the other. Both WD Elements and My Passport offer you something unique in their own ways. Design, color, interoperability, connectivity, and security. Warranty is a bit of a landmark reason why one should go for WD Elements. As far as the user’s concern, My Passport offers you security against both, data loss and hardware glitches. Consider these points to figure out which one model is a value for money, WD Elements or My Passport.